Cinco de Mayo is almost here and there’s no reason to avoid delicious tacos, especially if they are full of plant power!
I love sweet potatoes and I also love Mexican food… A LOT! So I thought that mixing one of my favorite veggies with one of my favorite cuisines should be a recipe for success, and it is!
The combination of savory and sweet flavors with the meaty texture of the mushrooms and creaminess of the potatoes will make your palate dance! This is a very filling meal because it’s full of fiber but, Hey! You can always have a margarita to digest your food!
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking time: 45 min. Total: 60 min.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 4 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- Pre heat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in cubes and toss them in a bowl with 1 tbsp. coconut oil, ½ tsp. sea salt, the black pepper and the chili powder.
- Put the potatoes in a baking rack/pan and cook in the oven for 30 min.
- While the potatoes are baking slice the mushrooms and ½ onion and toss them in a bowl with 1 tbsp. coconut oil and ½ tsp. sea salt.
- Once the potatoes are ready cook the mushroom and onion mix in a pan at low heat for about 5 min. (no need to add extra oil)
- Once the onion is translucent add the sweet potatoes into the pan and mix for about 2 more min.
- Heat the corn tortillas in a separate pan for about 30 sec. each.
- Serve 3 tortillas per plate and top them with the veggie mix, fresh cilantro, my Sublime Guacamole, Chunky Mexican Salsa and lime wedges.