Spring has arrived and, even though in some places is still snowing, it’s finally getting warmer down here.
I feel Savannah only has 2 seasons: winter and summer. We go from 30 to 90 degrees in a blink of an eye!
Anyways, you have probably been reading around the Internet or magazines about the popular spring cleaning: donate the clothes that you haven’t use in the past year, organize your closet by colors, put away your coats, etc. With this post I want to invite you to do a different type of cleaning, one that will make you glow from the inside out:
- Get rid of negative thoughts: having a negative output about most things that happen around you is not going to make them disappear. Remember, “life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
- Take out of your life people who bring you down: we already have many things to deal with in our everyday lives to be worrying about the negative energy of the people we may be surrounding ourselves with. You have the power to choose the people around you. Surround yourself with confident and positive people that challenge you to be better everyday and that bring out the best in you.
- Stop worrying: if you can’t do anything about it, is not worth your time; if you can do something about it, stop worrying and start acting.
- Choose to be happy: you don’t know when will be your last day on earth. Make the right choices and keep in mind that "happiness is a journey, not a destination."
- Don’t complain: complaining, criticizing and gossiping is just going to give you a bad reputation, and you don't want to have a bad reputation, right?
Live one day at a time. We are all imperfect and that's where our beauty lies. Embrace the change and keep your chin up!