How does the combination of nuts, banana and ice cream sounds to you?
Ripped frozen bananas make a great base for smoothies and ice creams so next time you are tempted to throw them away chop them and keep them in the freezer in a ziplock bag. This way you can make meals and desserts on the go while contributing to our planet.
This ice cream idea came from a very good friend of mine. I’ve been doing it for a few years now and I make it pretty often because it’s easy, fast and guilt-free… Make it at home and let me know your thoughts, I promise it won't disappoint!
- 2 frozen bananas in chunks
- 3 tbsp. natural nut butter
- 1/4 cup homemade cashew milk (optional)
- In a high speed blender or food processor mix the nut butter and the banana chunks.
- If you feel they're not blending in well you can add the cashew milk (especially if you re making it on a conventional blender)
- Serve with fresh fruit.
P.S. You can keep the ice-cream in the freezer but the texture will not be as creamy as if you eat it right away so I strongly recommend doing it right before serving… It only takes a few minutes to make!