This banana-nut oatmeal has been a staple in my kitchen for a few years now. The smooth sweet and salty flavor gives the sensation that you're eating a decadent dessert while you're actually giving your body tons of fiber, vitamins and healthy fats.
Like most of my recipes you can put this delicious dish together in no time and I promise that your entire family will be coming back for more, so make sure to make enough!
I love eating it as breakfast and I usually make a little extra to keep in the fridge and enjoy as a snack or dessert when craving something sweet.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5 min. Cooking time: 5 min. Total: 10 min.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups homemade cashew milk or any dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 3 bananas
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 handfuls raw walnuts
- Chop one banana in chunks and cut the other 2 bananas longways then crossways.
- In a pot bring the water and milk to a boil.
- Add the oats, chopped banana, sea salt, vanilla, and 3 tbsp. of the coconut sugar to the pot. Mix well and simmer for about 3 min.
- Add the nut butter and keep mixing for about 2 more min. or until the oats are ready to eat.
- Heat the other two bananas that you cut in 4 pieces in the microwave or in a hot pan for about a minute or until cooked.
- Serve the oats and top each bowl with 2 slices of the baked banana. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut sugar, chia seeds, cinnamon and walnuts.