After I got married chips found their way into my diet. I’m not proud of that at all but when they are sitting in your pantry and you get those salty cravings is hard to not reach for them.
Then I discovered kale chips and my life changed! I bought some at the grocery store out of curiosity and loved them so much that I decided to make them at home. This was about 2 years ago and since then, they have become part of my weekly snacks and dinners.
I’ve tried combining different spices but this is definitely my favorite recipe. The nutritional yeast brings that salty cheesy flavor to the table while the turmeric and paprika fill your body with antioxidants! Give them a try… I’m sure your family will love them!
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: 30 min. Total: 40 min.
- 10 cups kale leaves
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. ground turmeric
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Wash the kale leaves and pad dry them.
- In a bowl toss the leaves with the coconut oil.
- Keep tossing and add the paprika, turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Once all the leaves are covered with the mix spread them in a baking sheet or two. Make sure that they are all in one layer because if you stack them they’ll get mushy instead of crunchy.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 25-30 min. or until golden. Check them to make sure they are crunchy and if needed bake a few extra min.