Looking for a dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, vegan and paleo friendly yet delicious dessert? You are in the right place!
Bananas have been a big part of my diet since I started running. They are full of potassium, fiber and have a great content of natural carbs that energizes the body to tackle any task!
This dark chocolate coconut banana bread has just the right amount of sweetness and you can enjoy it by itself or top it with nut butter for some extra deliciousness. I usually eat it as a dessert, breakfast or pre workout snack.
Serves: 8 Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking time: 25 min. Total: 40 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 6 tbsp. filtered water
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1.5 OZ. 85% dark chocolate (I like Theo Chocolate Pure 85%)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Soak the chia seeds in the water for 5 min.
- Coat a loaf pan with the coconut oil. This will prevent the bread to stick to the pan.
- In a blender mix the coconut flakes, maca powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
- Then add the bananas, vanilla, chia seeds mix, almond butter, chocolate and walnuts.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 25 min.