With fall just around the corner, roasted vegetables are becoming a dinner staple in our house. Some of my favorites are broccoli, beets, carrots, potatoes and Brussel sprouts.
I had never eaten roasted Brussel sprouts until a couple of years ago. Growing up they’ll always make them boiled at my house. I liked them but I wasn’t very wild about them… Now I love them and could eat them every day!
I like the smaller ones because I feel they absorb the flavor of the spices better. If you can only find big ones just cut them in 4 parts instead of halves… Enjoy!
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: 30 min. Total: 40 min.
- 5 cups Brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Wash and cut the Brussel sprouts in halves and put them in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil to the sprouts and toss them until they are well covered with it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Put the mix in a baking pan and bake for 30 min.
- Enjoy as a side dish or over a salad!