Chickpeas are so yummy and versatile! Because of their neutral flavor they make a great base for vegan hummus, cakes, brownies and more.
They are a great natural source of protein and because they are also high in healthy carbs this mousse makes a great post-workout snack.
When I came up with this recipe I was actually going for brownies but when I tried the batter and saw how creamy it was I decided to eat it raw with some berries.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking time: - Total: 15 min.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 6 tbsp. water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ¼ cup tablespoons of xylitol or coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 bar of 85% dark chocolate melted
- ¼ cup nut butter
- In a small bowl mix the water with the chia seeds and let it sit for 5 min.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate using a water bath.
- In a blender or food processor mix the soaked chia seeds, chickpeas, coconut oil, sugar, cacao powder and chocolate. Blend until well combined.
- Put the mix in the fridge for 30 min. and serve.
P.S. If you decide you want to turn the mix into brownies like I was originally going to do just bake the mix in the oven at 350F for 30 min. I've done it and they turn out pretty good.