Fall is right around the corner so I want to share with you my favorite summer salad! We make this at least 3 nights a week and we eat it as our meal but it makes for a great side dish too.
I love the combination of sweet, salty and tangy… this salad is an explosion of flavors and textures in your mouth!
I call it summer salad because this is the time of the year where we tend to crave more cold foods but honestly we make it all year round.
This is a basic recipe so feel free to add any other veggies you love. Some of our variations include radishes, broccoli and Brussel sprouts.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: - Total: 10 min.
- 4 cups kale
- 2 cups mixed leafy greens
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 cup roasted pepitas
- 10-12 pitted kalamata olives
- 8 medjool dates
- My chickpea miso salad dressing
- Wash all the veggies and rinse well.
- Chop the kale, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber and dates.
- In a big salad bowl mix the kale with the leafy greens.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.