I believe soups and smoothies are the easiest way to get tons of fiber, vitamins and minerals in one meal.
Since winter is still here the soup recipes are still coming! There’s something very comforting about feeling warm on the inside when it’s cold outside.
This spinach + broccoli soup is a great option for a low carb light dinner or you can also eat it as your first course of any meal… I hope you enjoy it and let’s get those greens on!
erves: 6 Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking time: 30 min. Total: 50 min.
- 4 broccoli heads
- 14 cups spinach (10 oz container)
- A bunch of green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- A small piece of ginger (optional)
- Wash the broccoli and spinach well.
- Cut the broccoli into big chunks.
- Grab a big pot and fill ¾ of it with water. Bring it to a boil.
- Add all the ingredients to the pot making sure that there’s enough water to cover them all (include the broccoli stems)
- Cook for 20min.
- Run the veggies through a strainer saving 4 cups of the water you used to cooked them in.
- Put all the veggies in a high speed blender or food processor and add 1-2 cups of the water.
- Blend and keep adding the water until you get the consistency you like (you may need to do this in 2 parts if you can’t fit all the veggies at once in your blender)
- Once everything is well mixed pour the soup back into the pot, taste it and add more sea salt and pepper if needed.