We all know that pancakes are an American breakfast staple. To be honest I’ve never been a fan of eating a sweet breakfast but since I married Bobby and got my health coaching certification I’ve found myself experimenting more often with different foods.
During the past couple of months, I’ve made a point of making brunch at home every Sunday. I enjoy playing around the kitchen and look forward to bringing something different to the table every week… These pancakes are the product of that.
The addition of sweet potatoes to a pancake batter is a delicious sweet surprise that will nourish your body by giving it tons of fibers and minerals… A great and healthy way to start your day!
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: 50 min Total: 60 min.
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds soaked in 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. stevia extract (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Place the sweet potato in the oven and bake for 40 min.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender including the sweet potato with the skin on.
- Bring a non-stick pan to low-medium heat.
- Add about 2 big tbsp. of the mix into the pan and spread until you get a nice round shape.
- Cook for about 2-3 min. Turn the pancake around and cook thoroughly.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!