Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with some vibrant buckwheat beet pancakes?
It doesn’t matter if you are dating, married or single, these pancakes will brighten up your morning and will get you ready to tackle the day!
I love eating mine with almond butter, natural maple syrup and berries. Whatever you choose to add, this pancake mix will give your body tons of fiber, vitamin C and potassium!
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10 min. Total: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup shredded beets (if you juice you can use the pulp of 1 beet)
- 1 cup homemade cashew milk
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine the water with the chia seeds and let them sit for 5 min. This mix will be your egg replacement.
- In a blender mix the buckwheat to it them into flour.
- Add into the blender the rest of the ingredients including the chia and water mix.
- Put a non-stick pan in the stove over low-medium heat.
- Add about 3 big tbsp. of the mix into the pan and spread until you get a nice round shape.
- Cook for about 2-3 min. Turn the pancake around and cook thoroughly.
- Repeat the same until your mix is gone. Makes about 8 pancakes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.