Overnight oats have become more and more popular… They’re everywhere nowadays! And this shouldn’t be surprising because they’re really easy to make, you can feed the whole family with one batch, they are hard to mess up and they make a fast grab ‘n’ go breakfast or snack.
This is by far my favorite overnight oats recipe… I tried the combination of oats, peanuts and milk a few years back at a coffee shop in NYC and that inspired me to create this superfood rich meal.
One tip chicos: most of the times I try to soak my grains, nuts and seeds for at least 4 hours and then I rinse them well before eating them. This helps release their antinutrients so my body can fully absorb their vitamins and minerals and also aids digestion. This is not necessary so I'll leave it up to you.
I promise this recipe will become a staple in your kitchen… Enjoy!
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: - Total: 10 min.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts (or unsalted cashews, almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 cups unsweetened cashew milk (or any dairy free milk you prefer)
- 1 small (5.3 oz.) container plain unsweetened dairy free yogurt (coconut, soy, almond)
- 4 tbsp. natural maple syrup
- 2 diced large green apples
- Add all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Pour the mix into 4 individual glass containers with a lid.
- Keep the mix in the fridge overnight and enjoy the following morning. Stays fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days.
P.S. When serving you can add a little bit more of cashew milk if you prefer a lighter texture.