I’m one of those people who prefers to chew than to drink my meals. I do love juices and smoothies and that’s why I think smoothie bowls are the best of both worlds!
To be honest I’m kind of addicted to these bowls, especially after I realized how yummy is the combination of cherry and chocolate… I guess it took me 30 years to figure this out!
You can get super creative making smoothie bowls but today I wanted to share with you my go to recipe. I usually just mix whatever I have around the kitchen but this combination never disappoints. It makes for a great breakfast, snack or post-workout recovery meal, I basically find any excuse to fit it into my daily diet!
I hope you enjoy it and note that the protein powder is optional. I do believe it’s important because it’ll help regulate your blood sugar levels while eating all the fruit and carbs that’re in this bowl. If you choose to skip it add some sort of nut butter or more hemp seeds to include some protein.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: - Total: 10 min.
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 small pieces of turmeric root
- 2 cups dark leafy greens (spinach, kale)
- 1 cup homemade cashew milk (or any unsweetened dairy free milk)
- 4 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1-2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I love Vega chocolate sports protein)
- Your choice of toppings (berries, sliced bananas, nuts, coconut chips, seeds, etc)
- In a high speed blender combine all the ingredients.
- Serve on a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
Pics by The 2654 Project