A question that I get all the time since I stopped eating animal products is: where do you get your protein from? If you are a vegetarian or a vegan you probably know that the options are endless.
I try to load up on leafy greens, beans, grains, legumes, sprouted tofu, sprouted tempeh and the occasional raw vegan protein powder.
If you are trying to consume less meat this is a delicious meal that will satisfy your body and soul.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10 min. Total: 20 min.
- 14 OZ. container firm organic sprouted tofu, drained and diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped (about ½ small onion)
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- In a pan sauté the onion and garlic with the coconut oil over medium heat for 3 min.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 more min. stirring occasionally.
- While stirring add the tofu, cilantro, salt, lemon pepper and chili powder (this will be a good moment to try it and add more sea salt if needed, it depends on your taste)
- Cover and simmer for 5 min.
- Serve with avocado, black beans and brown rice for a complete vegan meal! You can even add salsa or eat them with corn tortillas.