Growing up I was a huge Nutella lover. I was rarely able to eat it because it was an expensive imported product and also because we rarely had sweets around the house. I used to think that this chocolate flavor spread tasted soooo good but the truth is that it’s overly sweet, completely processed and full of dairy and preservatives.
But this doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge in a similar delicious treat, the secret is all in the hazelnuts.
This rawtella bites will deliver a similar taste of Nutella but in a cleaner, healthier way. All the ingredients are great for your body and each ball is packed with fiber, healthy fats, protein and potassium! Are you ready to indulge?
Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking time: - Total: 10 min.
- 1 cup raw unsalted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup natural almond butter (or any nut butter you love)
- 3 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Soak the hazelnuts in filtered water for 24+ hours changing the water every 12 hours.
- Rinse the hazelnuts well and chop in a food processor or high-speed blender until they’re basically dust. Put the mix in a bowl.
- In the food processor or high-speed blender combine the dates until they form a paste.
- Using your hands mix the dusty hazelnuts with the dates, almond butter and cacao powder (wet your hands so the mix doesn’t stick to them)
- Make the balls with your hands and run them through your favorite superfoods!
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before indulging